Times are tough right now, no doubt about that. People are feeling the crunch and many businesses are, too. Some are pulling back, some are shutting their doors. But this cloud has a silver lining and it’s called – “opportunity.”
A window has opened and NOW is the time for businesses to become creative and take deliberate steps to ensure their success.
Jim Tracy, President and Founder, America’s Best Companies joins us to reveal simple ways to help your business remain competitive in today’s marketplace. Jim goes over the necessary strategies to help a small businesses achieve success – especially during these hard economic times.
So what does Jim suggest? Here is a peek:
- “What can I do for you?” — Just ask your customers this question. One well known organization increased their sales by over a billion dollars simply by asking, “Can I supersize that for you?” If they didn’t ask, you wouldn’t have supersized.
- Form a mastermind group — There are many businesses that have survived past economic downturns and they have advice to share. Form a mastermind group with several of these local small business owners and meet over coffee once a month. Share ideas, network and educate one another.
- Become known within your community — Participate in local parades, become involved in your children’s activities like boy/girl scouts and schools – participate in speaking engagements.
- Distribute a newsletter — Share updates, offer promotions, send reminders and speak directly to your customers while keeping your business top-of-mind for them.
- Every business should have a website — From the mom and pop pizza shop, to the hair salon owner, to the electrician and so on. If you want to attract anyone under 30-45 years old to your business, you MUST have a website.
Opportunities abound and Jim provides many of the key steps to take advantage of these opportunistic times to ensure your businesses survival and continued success.
Brought to you by our sponsor: