Back by popular demand, Shama Hyder, Founder of Click To Client, is joining host, Anita Campbell, for an in-depth look at some advanced tactics to market your business online using the popular social media site, Facebook.
Shama is no stranger to the Small Business Trends Radio Show. Her first appearance was a hit titled: How To Use Facebook To Market Your Business.
So we invited Shama back for this special “Part 2″ episode tutorial to share some of the more advanced marketing tactics that you can use as a member of Facebook to expand your company’s visibility.
Below are some of the topics Shama and Anita discuss:
- Facebook demographics — Participants are fast growing. There are now some 115 million users on Facebook with approximately 35 million of them being US residents. But surprisingly, the fastest growing segment consists of women over the age of 55. Currently, one quarter of members are 35 and over and teenagers only account for about 12% of facebook members.
- Facebook pages — These are great for SEO purposes. Google indexes Facebook pages and, as a result, the pages show in search queries and can ultimately direct traffic to your site.
- Facebook groups — These are a fun place to provide value, information and interact with others. A group allows you to create a platform around yourself and/or your brand and build a thriving community. Placing content once a week is ideal due to the fact that Facebook show groups in two categories, most popular and recently updated. Keep yours at the top by updating regularly.
- Grow your Facebook contacts the right way — Don’t make friends simply for the sake of increasing your numbers. Look around for friends from other social media sites that may also be on Facebook and connect there as well. Use the “friend finder” feature and search for contacts you’ve met at events or done business with previously.
In addition, Shama discusses:
- What you should (and should not) put on your profile page — Applications, information, etc.
- How and when to interlace social media sites within Facebook — Ping.fm, Twitter, Friendfeed, etc.
- Facebook applications — How, when and if you should use them.
- Using the Twitter application — When and if you should use it.
Learn all this and more about using Facebook to market your business by listening to Shama’s full interview by clicking the red and yellow player below now.
Brought to you by our sponsor: