There are literally hundreds of thousands of bloggers these days and many of them are using WordPress, a popular blogging software that gives “power to the people” by offering a platform to voice from.
Tim Grahl, Web Developer and co-founder of Out:think, joins Anita to discuss all things WordPress, ranging from plugins, to customization, to necessary upgrading and beyond.
Weather you’re a seasoned blogger using WordPress or a newbie simply considering it – there’s something to learn.
Below are the questions we asked Tim in this episode:
- (2:23) First Tim, can you tell us a bit more about yourself and your background?
- (3:33) Give us a brief explanation about WordPress. What is it, how did it first start and what has it grown into?
- (5:55) Why has WordPress grown so much?
- (7:20) What is a plugin? Basically we’re talking about a piece of software you add on to the core of WordPress, is that how you would describe it?
- (8:43) I understand there is something called the “5 minute install.” What is it and what is the benefit of that?
- (10:25) Talk about design for a moment. How easy is it and do you have to have a designer to get started with WordPress?
- (12:29) Can you explain what the CSS and XHTML acronyms mean?
- (13:55) From your perspective, what advice would you give business owners on how to find a good web developer? What should we look for or ask them?
- (16:20) Can you give everyone listening a couple of examples of how you’ve customized WordPress?
- (19:50) Another thing you’ve done recently is develop a low-cost website solution that is customized for Etsy shop owners, using WordPress. Can you tell us about that?
- (24:28) What are some of the bad and even ugly things about WordPress?
- (25:48) How can you manage some of the negatives?
- (28:43 ) If you were starting out afresh as a developer, would you choose WordPress all over again?
- (29:26) Tim, where can people find out more?
Listen to Tim’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below.
Brought to you by our sponsor: