Small businesses are consistently looking for opportunities to monetize their business and grow sales. Just by adding PayPal, many small businesses are realizing incremental revenue from higher conversion rates up to 14%. With PayPal, small businesses can accept payments instantly and gain access to millions of online shoppers.
Even better – they can do all of this while making the checkout experience easier for the consumer.
Eddie Davis, Senior Director of SMB Merchant Services at PayPal, joins host Anita Campbell along with co-host Joel Libava, for an open discussion about the benefits of using PayPal and how small businesses are successfully driving sales with it.
Below are the questions we asked Eddie in this episode:
- (1:58) First Eddie, can you tell us a bit more about yourself and your background?
- (3:26) What is PayPal?
- (5:14) How does PayPal help small businesses increase their sales?
- (10:03) Where does that number of a 14% conversion rate come from?
- (11:29) How much does it cost a merchant to accept PayPal? What is the cost per transaction?
- (12:46) Twitter community question: What is mass pay?
- (14:21) How can PayPal help small businesses sell globally?
- (17:43) Besides using PayPal, what else can SMB merchants do to expand their reach globally?
- (19:14) How can my listeners set up a PayPal merchant account for their business?
- (20:19) What about tips for tackling customer trust issues for an SMB merchant?
- (22:20) Can you recommend some best practices for brick-and-mortar small businesses who want to have an ecommerce presence as well?
- (24:15) Twitter community question: Why is there a $5,000 limit on transactions?
- (25:14) Can you discuss any particular customer success stories?
- (27:15) Does PayPal have an international information site for global selling?
- (28:39) Eddie, where can people find out more on the web?
Listen to Eddie’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below.
Brought to you by our sponsor: