It’s a well-known fact that our emotions come into play when we make decisions. As a result, engaging and authentic stories can actually inspire customers to “fall in love” with you.
I don’t know about you – but I love a great story. I especially love to hear entrepreneurial success stories. You know. . . those stories about the tiny beginnings in someone’s basement or at someone’s kitchen table that ultimately lead to great success. There’s nothing more captivating than a really great story.
Leah Komaiko, Founder of LeahKomaiko.com and author of 19 books, talks with host Anita Campbell and co-host Brent Leary about the value of stories. Leah teaches you how YOU can turn YOUR story – into the type that becomes a classic.
Below are the questions we asked Leah in this episode:
- (2:40) First Leah, can you tell us a bit more about yourself and your background?
- (4:41) How is your brand story different than the “About Us” section on your website or bio?
- (7:41) Can you tell us about being a “recovering comedian?”
- (10:24) What is it that really moves people in a story? What’s the magic formula?
- (13:03) If I were setting out to turn my story into a classic, what is it that I should be focusing on first?
- (18:56) How can we find our “Gettysburg Address” for people? Can it be short and sweet or long and lasting?
- (21:55) How can you go about finding your story and telling it in a compelling way to make people react to it?
- (23:26) How can you use fictional characters properly to get your story across?
- (26:04) I’m curious and I’m sure others are by now, too, so tell us. . . what’s Leah’s story? If you could equate it to a book, what would that book be?
- (29:31) Leah, where can people find out more on the web?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
– Listen to Leah’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below –