Are you in the market for a new piece of commercial real estate for your new or existing small business? If so, you’ve found the right place to find information – and possibly the right loan product, too.
Chris Hurn, CEO and Co-Founder of Mercantile Capital Corporation, joins hosts Anita Campbell and Brent Leary to explain why the SBA 504 Loan Program has several advantages over ordinary, conventional loans for small business owners buying commercial real estate.
Below are the questions we asked Chris in this episode:
- (1:35) First Chris, can you tell us a bit more about yourself and your background?
- (2:33) Do you specialize in SBA loans?
- (3:31) Can you demystify what the SBA 504 Loan Program is?
- (5:06) What are the advantages of the 504 loan?
- (7:40) Tell us a little bit more about some of these advantages such as smaller monthly payments and the impact on cash flow?
- (10:15) What is the environment like for small business loans out there? What have we just come through and has anything changed today since last September or October?
- (16:34) I have read that in order to get an SBA loan, you have to prove that you could not get a conventional loan. Is that true?
- (18:33) Is there any kind of balloon payment required if you go through the SBA 504 loan process?
- (20:33) Can you talk about the loan process?
- (25:36) How can the 504 loan affect the future sale of property financed by it?
- (27:01) Are certain types of commercial properties more appealing to small businesses than others?
- (29:25) Chris, where can people find out more on the web?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
- Listen to Chris’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below -