The industry is filled with jargon and lots of incomprehensible-sounding technology which can scare those less educated about the topic away from actually exploring it as a viable option for their small business.
Brent Thomson, CEO of Jive Communications, joins hosts Anita Campbell to demystify VoIP and discuss the advantages it offers over standard telephones for small businesses having 1 to 40 employees.
Below are the questions we asked Brent in this episode:
- (1:56) First Brent, can you tell us a bit more about yourself and your background?
- (2:41) How did you come up with the name?
- (3:15) For listeners who may not know, can you tell us briefly – what is VoIP?
- (3:57) What is it? What is PBX? And what are some of the features from each that a small business owner should know?
- (5:18) When you call an office and there’s an automated attendant and choices – that’s a PBX, correct?
- (5:56) Why is VoIP a great option for small businesses?
- (7:24) How big of a business do you have to be to receive the benefits and services of VoIP?
- (8:21) What’s needed to set up a VoIP phone system? How do you get started?
- (9:05) What is involved with the VoIP adapter?
- (10:48) What should you be looking for in a VoIP carrier?
- (11:58) What is the difference between a small business VoIP service and a commercial VoIP service?
- (16:11) Will my company need IT staff if I want VoIP?
- (16:59) What are the biggest concerns you hear from people about VoIP?
- (18:48) Can you talk about data and matrix tracking information?
- (20:29) How else can VoIP affect a small business in a positive way?
- (22:55) What is so different about Jive Communications that sets you apart from all the rest?
- (24:29) Where is the company located?
- (24:34) How big is Jive Communications?
- (24:54) If you had to list the essential phone features that every small business must have, what would they be?
- (26:31) Brent, where can people find out more on the web?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
- Listen to Brent’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below -