In today’s modern world, many of us are “on-the-go.” With the advent of new technologies, it seems that it’s more possible now, than ever before, to be mobile and still remain in touch. As a result, many small business owners, operators and employees are now afforded the ability to conduct business “on-the-go.” The side effect to this – the lines between our personal and professional lives are blurring more quickly than ever.
Drew Garcia, VP of Product Management at SugarSync joins hosts Anita Campbell and Brent Leary to share his tips on how to manage our digital lives while living on the go.
Below are the questions we asked Drew:
- (3:13) First, can you tell us about yourself and your background?
- (3:57) In your experience, how have you seen the lines between personal lives and professional lives blend together? And is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
- (6:25) What exactly does a VP of Product Management do?
- (7:16) Drew, how do you stay productive “on-the-go?
- (8:45) What exactly does SugarSync do?
- (10:00) So, SugarSync works will all of your files. You don’t have to be on a software as a service product, correct?
- (11:09) In addition to SugarSync, what other solutions or devices to you use or recommend to others?
- (15:34) How does a service like yours work with the different kinds of data content we’re creating? Is is strictly for professional content or personal content?
- (16:57) What are some major examples of the need to work with this type of mobile syncing and back up that you see?
- (18:21) How important is it in today’s world for entrepreneurs and small business owners to be connected and share this type of information? Is it really impacted by this idea of being connected 24/7?
- (19:42) What kinds of solutions does SugarSync offer small business owners?
- (21:33) You mentioned before the whole idea of the cloud and that the data will be stored in the cloud. How secure is that?
- (23:00) What if there was a catastrophe? What’s the process for getting the data back onto your computer?
- (23:54) Is it any easier depending on the device?
- (24:46) How long would it take to restore a decent amount of data to a mobile device?
- (25:34) What are one or two “best practices” you can give us to get us started on the right foot?
- (27:03) Drew, where can people find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
- Listen to Drew’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below -