As a young man, Larry’s Janesky’s entrepreneurial journey began right out of high school when he started a carpentry business. Larry’s journey eventually lead him to become the owner of a multi-national company with 27 patents that revolutionized the industry.
Larry’s entrepreneurial journey continues and today he is the Founder and CEO of the largest basement waterproofing and crawl space repair dealer network in the world, Basement Systems. He shares the universal lessons learned along the way, which he has applied to 5 other businesses with the same results.
Larry believes that if you improve yourself, your business will improve.
Below are the questions we asked Larry:
- (2:50) First, can you tell us about yourself and your background?
- (5:43) Can you tell us about some of the high points and the low points in your entrepreneurial journey so far?
- (7:58) As an entrepreneur, what is it about your advice that makes it worth listening to?
- (10:19) What would you say is the one single most important theme you’ve discovered?
- (11:43) What’s one concrete example of the business leader’s way of thinking making a difference?
- (13:30) How do you go about developing a vision as a business owner? Can you give us an example of what a clear vision might sound like for a business?
- (15:06) So be detailed and clear and fill it out in your head?
- (17:10) What inspires you?
- (18:29) How does that inspiration help you to overcome the obstacles you’ve faced?
- (20:13) Is it easy to develop a desire to succeed or is that something that you’re born with?
- (22:12) Can you tell us about your blogs?
- (23:23) How has the impact of writing these blogs changed the way you look at business or helped your approach to business?
- (24:08) Are you putting out a new book?
- (26:03) Are there autobiographical overtones in the book, perhaps?
- (27:01) Where can people get the book?
- (27:46) What is your overall definition of success?
- (28:27) Larry, where can people find out more?
For more information on Larry Janesky and Basement Systems you can read, “How One Entrepreneur Grew Sales to $50 Million in a Mundane Industry.”
Brought to you by our sponsor:
- Listen to Larry’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below -