It seems that today, small business owners and entrepreneurs are faced with a multitude of challenges, one being the fact that they have to deal with piecemeal solutions to keep their company running. Separate tools and applications for email marketing, CRM, e-commerce shopping carts, IT infrastructure, and more keep the company from economizing and growing.
Tyler Garns, VP of marketing at Infusionsoft, speaks to best practices around making your business more efficient and scalable, focusing in on the importance of implementing technology to grow through email marketing and automated outreach.
Below are the questions we asked Tyler:
- (3:00) First Tyler, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background and how you ended up at Infusionsoft?
- (4:44) For a small business owner, what does multiple system chaos mean?
- (6:26) So are you talking primarily about technology systems or does this go well beyond that?
- (7:37) How do we find ourselves in this mess? Because no matter how hard you try to stay organized, the larger your business gets, any little issue seems to get magnified?
- (10:18) If you had to say which systems are the most critical ones for success in a small business, which ones would they be?
- (12:04) If your systems are disjointed, what does that actually mean for your business? What are the consequences for that?
- (17:24) Can you tell us a little bit about the backstory about those Infusionsoft tips on growing a small business?
- (20:44) Is it my imagination, or are these system chaos situations different in large businesses versus small businesses?
- (22:41) It’s not easy to get systems to “talk” to one another, is it? It’s not easy to get systems to integrate. Is that what you have seen?
- (24:12) What can small business owners do about this? What are their options?
- (27:26) If you had to choose between writing scripts to marry together individual softwares or going with an all-in-one solution, is there an advantage to one over the other? Or do you have to look at it as a case-by-case situation?
- (29:50) Here I am, as a small business owner, and I’m in the middle of multiple system chaos. Where would you say is the very first place to start to get you out of this multiple system chaos?
- (32:38) Tyler, where can people find out more about Infusionsoft online?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
– Listen to Tyler’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below –