Aaron Wall, Founder of the SEOBook Training Program For SEOs, is a very busy man these days. Aaron and his site have been mentioned in The Wall Street Journal, The London Times, Wired, USA Today, BusinessWeek, Business2.0, Time Magazine, The Register, MSNBC, and The Guardian to name a few. But Aaron has graciously offered a slice of his time and joined Anita Campbell and Brent Leary to share his insights into the latest trends in search engine optimization (SEO).
SEO is a dynamic field that shifts and changes endlessly. While some things remain constant, other elements of SEO change frequently at will. In this episode, we look at some of the things that are changing the landscape of the virtual world — and what you can do to get better business results within it.
Join us for a half hour packed solid with information about the latest trends in SEO.
For this very special episode, we reached out to the virtual world of Twitter to gather questions that you had for Aaron. Below are the questions you asked him:
- (3:00) First Aaron, can you tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to create SEOBook? I know you started the site as an ebook, but it’s become much, much more than that. Can you give us the background?
- (7:09) Which businesses should invest in SEO? Also, are there any businesses that should not invest in it?
- (9:28) Can you tell us what has changed over the past few years? What are two or three things that have changed dramatically from the time you started SEOBook?
- (11:10) Blogs are like a dime-a-dozen these days, aren’t they?
- (12:20) Is there any value to being on Twitter? How would you describe the value of being on Twitter when it comes to the search engines?
- (15:08) The question that people are dying to know is, what are some of the things that small businesses can do and what are some of the mistakes that they are making?
- (16:53) So as small business owners, we shouldn’t be afraid of paying for a premium domain? Maybe even one that’s a pre-owned domain name?
- (19:05) Are there any other mistakes worthy of mentioning?
- (20:31) So don’t split up your web site into different domains? One big web site is better than five itty-bitty web sites, correct?
- (23:22) Where does AdWords and PPC (pay per click) fit into the mix?
- (24:48) Is it more difficult today to be successful at SEO or was it more difficult when you started?
- (26:38) So if you are starting from scratch and don’t have a lot of expertise in this area, should you go ahead and hire someone to assist with that?
- (28:30) Google has said that site performance will become a factor in search engine ranking. How do you feel about that Aaron?
- (31:13) Aaron, where can people find out more online?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Aaron’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below