John Jantsch, Founder of Duct Tape Marketing and author of “Duct Tape Marketing – The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide,” joins Anita Campbell for an in-depth discussion to bring focus to the act of giving referrals – and the benefits it can have for your business.
To put it simply, John feels it’s a great way to do business. He feels so strongly about this, that he has written a new book on that very topic titled, “The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself,” that is set to be released on May 13th of 2010.
Below are the questions we asked John:
- (1:42) First John, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background and how you got to be running Duct Tape Marketing?
- (5:19) You’ve got a new book coming out called “The Referral Engine” so can you tell us a bit about that?
- (7:00) We’re here today to talk about giving referrals. Why is giving referrals important?
- (12:04) You once told me you had a really interesting way of writing a book. I wonder if you can share that approach?
- (15:07) What is the single greatest factor in determining how referrals are made?
- (16:32) How do we actually build quality referrals that fit our own business strategy? Where is the starting point, John?
- (20:10) It seems the whole world is “social media crazy” today. Can social networking online help you build referrals and if so, how?
- (22:44) How else do you generate referrals? How can you actually enhance getting referrals?
- (25:05) What are some tools to “activate” your network?
- (29:31) Your book is coming out very soon, isn’t it?
- (30:53) The book has it’s own website, right?
- (31:30) So that’s ReferralEngineBook.com?
- (31:34) And, of course, your main website is DucTTapeMarketing.com, correct?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to John’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below