Protecting your online reputation is a topic that is fast becoming of increasing importance to the business community. Michael Fertik, CEO of Reputation Defender, joins Anita Campbell and Brent Leary for an in depth discussion concerning how to protect your online reputation. Reputation Defender is a privacy and online reputation management company. In his position on the advisory board of The Internet Keepsafe Coalition (iKeepSafe), Michael is regarded as the pioneer of online reputation management and the foremost expert on issues of online privacy.
Michael authored the forthcoming book “Wild West 2.0” and is a graduate of Harvard College and Harvard Law School. Today, he’s going to show you how to monitor what people are saying about you and your company brand, and manage your online reputation with helpful tools.
Below are the questions we asked Michael:
- (2:38) First Michael, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (6:00) Can you tell us a little bit about how you find out what people are saying about you online? How do you monitor what others are saying about you?
- (10:00) If I’m operating a local business without a web presence, why should I worry about what’s being said on Facebook or some other place? Or should I worry about that?
- (13:44) Once I know what’s being said, what does a small business owner or entrepreneur do at that point?
- (20:39) Can you give people a full list of the products and services that Reputation Defender offers?
- (22:45) You mention clearing your personal information from public databases and directories. How easily does that type of personal information get into the directories?
- (25:28) How quickly can you help people get out of those databases and public directories?
- (26:15) On the reputation management side, what are some of the mistakes small business owners are making in terms of not fully protecting themselves or keeping tabs on what’s going on with their reputation?
- (28:18) I am assuming that the proliferation of social networks and easy content creation tools have added to that?
- (29:28) Michael, where can people find out more?
GET A 50% DISCOUNT NOW! Visit Reputation Defender at My Reputation and take advantage of the special radio offer of a 50% discount off the yearly subscription. Choose the promo code RADIO and take control of the reputation of you and your business now.
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Michael’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below