Our featured guest in this episode of Small Business Trends Radio is Jason Rudman, Director of OPEN Forum. Jason leads the team responsible for the content strategy and development of American Express OPEN’s online community for small business owners.
Jason joins Anita Campbell and Brent Leary to share the in-depth story behind the growth of American Express OPEN Forum – from its roots an online companion to live events through its evolution into an award-winning educational and networking resource – and how customer feedback has contributed to that evolution.
Below are the questions we asked Jason:
- (2:11) First Jason, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (3:38) How do you describe what OPEN Forum is all about?
- (5:01) When did American Express and OPEN Forum start venturing into social media and what has that whole journey been like? Can you describe that, Jason?
- (7:36) Can you describe how customers and the small business public can be involved in OPEN Forum? What are the ways you can get involved and what can you do over there?
- (10:40) One of the things that has really impressed me about the OPEN Forum is how many people are writing articles over there and how many business professionals want to. Was that a big leap for American Express OPEN to open that up, or was that just a natural evolution?
- (13:35) You have a great commercial platform as well. What are some of the customer success stories that you can share with the audience?
- (16:54) What are some of the other goals you may have using social media to get the brand out there?
- (19:16) You mentioned integration with other social media platforms. You mentioned LinkedIn. Are there other social media platforms that you’re using?
- (21:07) What are some of the lessons that you’ve learned? Particularly, what is a lesson you’ve learned from a negative experience that’s helped propel where you are with OPEN Forum today?
- (26:17) Is there anything that you’d like to wrap up with? Any words of wisdom that you want to leave for small businesses owners and small business leaders?
- (27:35) Jason, where can people find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Jason’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below