Victoria Ransom is Founder and CEO of Wildfire Interactive, a platform that enables small businesses to easily and cost-effectively manage their social media marketing needs. Victoria started Wildfire to serve her own need – she needed an affordable way to building an engaged fan base on the Facebook page of her own small business.
Seeing no other solutions on the market to easily create compelling social media campaigns, Victoria and her partner created their own. Now, 30,000 campaigns later, Wildfire has a passionate customer base. Victoria joins host, Ivana Taylor, to share some tips for building an engaged fan base of your own.
Below are the questions we asked Victoria:
- (1:28) First Victoria, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (2:19) So tell me, what is Wildfire Interactive and how can it help small businesses??
- (3:32) Let me see if I’m hearing you correctly. You’re saying all we have to do is go to Wildfire to develop Facebook and Twitter contests and run social media campaigns?
- (5:10) Can this help me? What can I do to build my fan base and is it even worth it?
- (5:42) What is a good number of fans to aim for?
- (9:02) Can you talk a little bit more about contests, coupons and giveaways and how small businesses can use them or even put something like that together?
- (12:05) What are some of the secrets of running a successful campaign?
- (16:33) Can you tell me more about making it twice as effective?
- (19:17) You’re saying that status updates are important and that we should be using our fan pages almost like a web site?
- (23:31) What’s the risk versus reward of getting involved with the Facebook “Like” button?
- (25:49) So there are fans of the web site that actually don’t fall within the fan page?
- (26:16) Victoria, where can people find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Victoria’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below