Adam Boyden, President of Conduit, knows that small business owners wear many hats – one of which includes chief marketing officer. Application marketing is beginning to attract small business owners for many reasons, including affordability, ease of use, and return on investment. Small business owners are using application technology to deliver messages, content, and functionality to reach a target audience.
Early adopters stand to benefit as app marketing pays off with better customer retention, customer acquisition and brand recognition. In this episode, Adam joins host, Anita Campbell, to speak to the power of app marketing and provide you with tips on how to do so effectively in your small business.
Below are the questions we asked Adam:
- (2:52) First Adam, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (4:23) What is it that Conduit does and what kind of businesses do you serve?
- (6:55) What exactly is application marketing? Is it beyond what you just described?
- (9:20) If you are a small business with a web site and information that readers or customers want to have available to them, how do you go about getting started with app marketing? Are there particular things you should look at or things you should stay away from? Where would you start first?
- (11:06) Today, there are many do-it-yourselfers out there. That’s what Conduit helps small businesses do, correct?
- (12:20) You mentioned Conduit being focused on browser apps. Do you have any plans in the future to get involved in other types of apps for mobile devices, hand held devices?
- (13:31) What benefits do you get from application marketing? In terms of actual results, what benefits can a small business expect to get from application marketing?
- (18:20) You’ve talked about retention, you’ve talked about acquiring new business - is it hard to figure out the magic formula for app marketing and your business? Or is just something that is discovered with very little problem?
- (20:45) You raise several important points. Understanding what your customers value in the application is important. Data, measurements and usage . . . can you talk a little bit about the analytics and how it plays into app marketing?
- (23:15) You also mentioned that you can go to the Conduit Marketplace and look at how other companies that have been successful with their apps are doing it. One of the best ways to figure out marketing is to find someone whose doing it well, and then deconstruct or reverse engineer what they’re doing and apply it to your own business, correct?
- (24:09) I want to ask a question about Conduit’s business model, if you will. How does Conduit make money? What is your business model?
- (27:43) Adam, where can people find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Adam’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below