Many people have noted that famed dancer, Ginger Rogers, did everything Fred Astaire did – except she did it backwards and in heels. The same concept is true today for small businesses; they need to do everything the big enterprises do, but faster and with fewer resources.
Pamela O’Hara and Michelle Riggen-Ransom, Co-founders of The Small Business Web, join Anita Campbell to discuss how using integrated business applications will save you time and prevent the missteps of siloed information.
Below are the questions we asked Pamela and Michelle:
- (3:11) First Pamela, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (4:43) Michelle, can you tell listeners a bit about yourself and your background?
- (6:55) What is The Small Business Web? How does it work and what’s in it for small business owners?
- (9:56) So there are 120 members with web based apps for the small business market that have come together to make their API’s available so that other members of the group can integrate with them, correct?
- (11:28) So tell us more about The Small Business Web. How does the small business owner use it?
- (13:08) Can you give us some examples of how businesses are saving time and money by finding integrated solutions and how that works for them?
- (17:37) Is this a growing behavior by small businesses or is it still in its infancy? How many small businesses out there are deliberately going after applications based on whether they integrate with one another?
- (18:55) Are you seeing that it’s mostly smaller businesses that have software apps that are taking the time to integrate or is the the big, big companies that happen to have an app for small businesses that are leading in this or are you not noticing any difference?
- (20:39) So you think this trend will continue as we go forward in the future?
- (21:51) So are there other sites out there that are similar to The Small Business Web? And how is it similar or different from the partner platform sites and/or the partner programs out there?
- (24:18) So what should small businesses keep in mind when looking to integrate applications? Do you have any tips or pointers?
- (28:48) Where can people find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Pamela and Michelle’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below