Many small businesses are using social media in impressive ways. Ways that drive tangible benefits and help them to grow their businesses.
Dave Lifson, CEO of Postling, joins Anita Campbell to cover what tools small businesses are using and how they are tapping into their community of customers. Dave will also focus on the basic ways that small businesses can use social media to grow their own businesses – without spending an overwhelming amount of time or money.
Below are the questions we asked Dave:
- (2:53) First Dave, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (3:53) Tell us about you personally. If you had an afternoon off, what would you likely be doing, Dave?
- (5:02) You mentioned Amazon. I understand you’re featured on the Amazon.com website. Can you tell us about that?
- (8:26) Can you tell us what you’re seeing and give some examples of how small businesses are using Twitter and Facebook successfully?
- (10:18) Are other kinds of businesses successfully using Twitter and Facebook?
- (11:27) What do you see as the big differences between Twitter and Facebook when it comes to small businesses? Are there differences?
- (12:37) So there are fewer people following brands on Twitter versus Facebook, but there is a higher engagement on Twitter?
- (14:35) Do you see small businesses effectively dealing with the reviews that they get online, whether they’re positive or negative?
- (17:24) That proof of social acceptance matters alot and it’s good to spread the word about it, isn’t it?
- (17:35) Do you have particular tips on how brick and mortar businesses can get their customers involved in social media networks?
- (19:55) Let’s not overlook signage and putting your social media addresses and ways to find you on anything you can write on basically, correct?
- (21:10) What are some tips that you can offer businesses who are using social media and struggling with time management? What would you recommend?
- (23:16) Would you say that most of your Postling users are small businesses?
- (23:35) Can you give us an idea of what the typical Postling user looks like?
- (24:53) Do you feel like there’s a sense of community with small businesses helping one another on how to use social media? Or do you feel that they’re holding onto that information, not wanting to share it?
- (27:09) What is your take on Foursquare?
- (28:38) Can you sum up with anything that you think small businesses should know or are crucial?
- (29:35) Where can people find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Dave’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below