Join Anita Campbell, host of Small Business Trends Radio Show, as she talks with Ramon Ray, Editor & Technology Evangelist for SmallBizTechnology, about some of the hottest technologies for small businesses.
You’ll want to keep a pen handy as Ramon covers web sites, new products and services to help your business. Topics such as “hot” startup technology, mobile technology, leveraging technology as well as which technology you should consider — versus which technology you should pass on.
Below are the questions we asked Ramon:
- (2:26) First Ramon, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (4:13) What are some of the new technologies out there that growing small businesses want to make sure they’re either using and/or investigating and considering?
- (6:08) We’ve been hearing about mobility and cloud computing for years now. But in 2010, those two have exploded on the scene. It’s amazing, would you agree?
- (7:43) With these exciting technologies out there, how do you decide which of these technologies will bring enough benefit to your business that you should focus some of your time on them?
- (9:39) I’m told that you have 3 key rules for leveraging technology and business. What would those be?
- (12:07) Would those apply to these new technologies you’re talking about? Like mobile broadband and cloud computing?
- (13:17) I want to talk about printers. There’s a lot of activity in the world of printers today and they’re almost becoming like mini computers. What’s changing about printers and what should small business know about choosing them and buying them?
- (16:04) They’re wireless now, too, so that you don’t have to connect it with a cable?
- (16:48) Imagine that for someone whose a sales rep that goes to call a consumer or a business, instead of carrying brochures and proposals, they can connect on-the-spot, right there?
- (19:16) Ramon, you wrote an article “2 Hours in my Car and I Survived with Only a SmartPhone.” Can you tell us about that?
- (21:31) You mention having your passwords already input. How did you make sure they were in your phone? Was is some sort of synching? What did you do?
- (22:41) Is the “Hot Tech” award going to be an ongoing feature at the Small Business Summit?
- (24:03) You mentioned SlideRocket and you mentioned LexMark. A startup company and an established name. So for the “Hot Tech” awards, they can be startups or established businesses?
- (25:03) You recently taught some real estate students how to leverage mobile technology, for them, many things you said were new. Do you find this to be the case in other industries? General impressions?
- (26:52) Can you give us a wrap up of anything important you’d like for people to know and tell us where people can find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Ramon’s full interview NOW by clicking the red and yellow player below