Small businesses make an array of mistakes when upgrading their networks. When a small business is up and running there are three things they should ultimately focus on: connecting to a network with switches and routers ; securing businesses both physically and technically; and communicating with customers and employees.
In this episode, Rick Moran, Vice President of Small Business Solutions Marketing at Cisco, joins Anita Campbell and Brent Leary to share his ideas to help small businesses and entrepreneurs understand how they can avoid these mistakes and ultimately focus their time and resources on increasing productivity, cutting costs and improving customer service.
Below are the questions we asked Rick:
- (4:03) Rick, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (6:31) Can you give us an idea of the power of technology? When it comes to your network, why does that matter so much? What can it do for your business to invest in your networks?
- (9:23) How should you get started building a small office network? Where do you get started?
- (12:19) If you had to list the three mistakes that small businesses make when dealing with a network, what would you list, Rick?
- (15:30) What types of services and applications would typically overload a small business network?
- (18:56) Where does unified communications fit into how a small business should upgrade their network?
- (21:29) How does a small business determine what kind of a “pipe” they need in terms of their network?
- (23:46) What are some of the ways that a company that isn’t “technology savvy” can do an analysis to determine whether they need to do a network upgrade or not?
- (24:47) If you could look into the future to determine what’s going to be important regarding small businesses getting the proper network in place, what are the things they need to be considering and looking at?
- (26:47) How do you know when it’s time to update your network to take advantage of new security capabilities?
- (28:09) Where can people learn more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Rick’s full interview NOW by clicking the red and yellow player below