As part of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s mission to ensure that small business owners and entrepreneurs have access to accurate, timely and helpful information, the organization recently unveiled the new SBA.gov website.
In this special episode, Joe Zepecki, Deputy Assistant Administrator of the Small Business Administration, joins Anita Campbell to discuss the newly unveiled site which features a variety of enhancements including a full re-design, new content, improved navigation, and a centerpiece that is a dynamic new web tool called SBA Direct. SBA Direct allows visitors to personalize their browsing experience according to their business type, geography and needs to access relevant and targeted information on all aspects of running a business such as the steps involved in getting started, business growth strategies, and how to stay compliant with current laws and regulations.
Below are the questions we asked Joe:
- (2:35) Joe, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background and how you ended up at the SBA?
- (4:06) Can I take it then that you were one of the key drivers for this new website?
- (4:58) What was behind this new website? What was the premise behind the website redesign?
- (7:41) Can you give us a bit of the “big picture” about what the SBA is doing and the SBA’s misson? What is the SBA’s role and how does this website fit in that role?
- (11:17) Joe, would you walk us through some of the new features of the website and what can a business owner do or find when they come to the new SBA.gov website?
- (18:06) Tell us what the SBA Direct tool is all about?
- (21:11) When the SBA Direct tool asks you who you are, they’re not gathering any information about you specifically, correct?
- (22:52) If you put in your zip code on the SBA Direct section, on the right sidebar, you see information that’s relevant to your area, correct?
- (24:36) Let’s talk for a minute or two about loans and grants. If I’m looking for loan or grant information, tell us what kind of information you can get access to now and what will you be giving users in the future regarding loans and grants?
- (27:05) Is there anything else on the site that you’d like to highlight?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Joe’s full interview NOW by clicking the red and yellow player below