Deborah Shane launched her business in 2007, as a solution to a thoughtful, voluntary career transition from a 20 year career in broadcast radio. Unemployment is currently running high and Deborah feels that entrepreneurship is a viable solution to a career transition.
Deborah Shane, Author of “Career Transition – Make The Shift,” and Founder of Train with Shane, joins Anita Campbell to share her story, tips and lessons she has learned about entrepreneurship in a challenging business environment and how exciting and fulfilling it can be.
Below are the questions we asked Deborah:
- (2:29) Deborah, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background and how you came to make that transition?
- (5:44) When you first started out, were you doing sales training?
- (8:06) Is that because it’s a resort area with second homes?
- (9:27) What exactly made you want to write the book?
- (13:48) Sometimes people get into ruts. How does someone know that it’s time to change or it’s time to reinvent yourself and make a career transition? Or do you have to be pushed into it?
- (17:26) What else can you tell us about that?
- (22:16) How do you get in touch with what your key skills are? Can you give us an overview of what that process would involve?
- (25:10) How do you know, when you’re making a career transition, whether to go for another job or start a business?
- (28:17) Where can people find out more?
* * * * *
Listen to Deborah’s interview NOW by clicking the red and yellow player below