Kristin Intress is leading the hospitality industry beyond e-commerce and into social and mobile commerce. The hotel market is among the fastest growing segments of online travel and hotels must evolve their strategies in order to build a solid relationship with customers to increase revenue.
Kristin Intress, CEO of InnLink, joins Anita Campbell and Brent Leary to explain how adapting technology to travelers’ needs is impacting the hospitality industry and what principles you can apply for customers in your industry.
Below are the questions we asked Kristin:
- (3:07) Kristin, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background and how you ended up the CEO of InnLink?
- (4:51) What does InnLink do? What did it start out doing and what does it do today?
- (6:26) Do you represent some of the chains as well as some of the smaller independents?
- (7:15) In a way, you’re really leveling the playing field for some of the smaller players?
- (7:34) Tell us how you adapted to things like Facebook and smart phones? How did that happen?
- (9:12) Is InnLink currently accepting bookings through Facebook? If so, what has the experience been like?
- (10:57) So what you’re saying is that your customers are in Facebook and they can click right there to book something – so you’re getting people right there when they’re interested?
- (12:48) Give us a little bit of insight into how difficult or easy is it to create a booking engine or app that will allow customers to complete transactions?
- (14:57) You’re not out there with an app in the name of InnLink are you? It’s really in the name of the hotel, correct?
- (16:01) How is mobile impacting social commerce?
- (17:00) What are some of the other cases that create such an atmosphere and experience that make people want to close the deal, right there on Facebook?
- (19:22) On a scale of 1-10, how has the hospitality and travel industry embraced the technology and social customer changes?
- (21:10) What are some of the ways they can actually get up to speed?
- (24:29) Are there any new kind of metrics that you’re keying in on to help with that?
- (25:16) So the impact on traditional metrics is what you’re looking at?
- (26:29) Where are we going to be a year from now with the adoption of these new tools that are becoming more and more important to build customer relationships?
- (28:24) Where can people find out more?
* * * * *
Listen to Kristin’s interview NOW by clicking the red and yellow player below