Selling can be intimidating for many people – especially those that are not professionals at doing so. Entrepreneurs need to sell, whether they’re comfortable with it or not. After all, if they can’t sell their business or service then how can they expect others too?
Human behavioral specialist, Educator, Author and Founder of The Demartini Institute, Dr. John Demartini, joins Anita Campbell to share his failsafe nine step process that gets sales every time.
“Nothing gets done in this world without selling. Follow this method step-by-step and you will get a yes, but if you miss a step, you’ll get a no.” ~ Dr. Demartini
Below are the questions we asked Dr. Demartini:
- (2:23) Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background and how you came to establish the Demartini Institute?
- (3:52) Can you tell us about these 9 steps? What does it mean to follow these, especially if you’re not a salesperson?
1.) Meet and greet
2.) Establish rapport by finding things in common
3.) Establish their needs
4.) Confirm their needs
5.) Offer a solution that matches the need (i.e. your product or service)
6.) Handle any objections
7.) Make the close (i.e. offer a when and where)
8.) Deliver the service and live up to your agreement
9.) Confirm that they’re satisfied and stimulate referrals
- (15:04) Regarding step 1 through step 7, can those be done in one session or do there have to be multiple meetings and interactions? Or does it depend on the circumstances?
- (18:06) One of the things that stood out is how important establishing the needs are because objections arise from not establishing a clear need. What if the client doesn’t know what their needs are? How do you go about specifically identifying what needs solved?
- (22:01) What role do values play in all of this if any? Do they play into the sales process at all? How do you determine values?
- (24:18) Are there any other mistakes people make when trying to sell?
- (29:39) Where can people find out more about you and how to contact you?
* * * * *
Listen to Dr. John Demartinis interview NOW by clicking the red and yellow player below