Today’s smartphones and tablets have influenced a new generation of mobile workers, new ways of doing business and the emergence of a new type of office – the mobile office. The mobile office is about cutting the ties to physical office space and making all the tools and technologies available to employees wherever they may be.
Anita Campbell joins guest, Alan Panezic, VP of Research In Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry, to discuss the evolution of the mobile office and how your business’ bottom line can benefit by becoming more mobile.
Below are the questions we asked Alan:
- (2:55) Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (4:57) How would you define the mobile office?
- (6:36) What are the benefits of equipping your employees to be more mobile and do you think it’s a competitive advantage to make your employees more mobile?
- (8:42) How do smartphones help teams work together? What examples can you give?
- (10:31) How do you see small businesses using tablets and in what way can they help small businesses?
- (13:22) Can you talk about how mobile and social are driving each other and driving this need to stay in touch with customers?
- (15:26) They give you the opportunity for a level of engagement with customers, correct?
- (17:24) What is the growing importance of these other services?
- (19:15) Can you recommend other business related apps that people should be aware of?
- (20:41) What are some of the key things that a small business can do to show up better on their customers mobile device?
- (22:10) What is the difference between your website looking good on mobile versus a mobile app?
- (24:02) What is your favorite thing about the PlayBook?
- (27:44) What are some of the top two or three things people should consider as they start to implement that strategy?
- (30:04) Where can people find out more?
* * * * *
Listen to Alan’s interview NOW by clicking the red and yellow player below