How To Reduce Stress On The Job – The Easy Way
In today’s business world, more and more individuals find themselves in a work from home environment – where work time is eating away their family time. It seems the real price tag for this is stress. And many find themselves wondering if stress relief is just an illusion.
Our featured guest in this episode is Erik Luhrs, President of BOOM, Inc. Erik shares tips and insights for understanding and dealing with stress. A few tears may be worth a million dollars and stress can be eliminated through a few small steps towards balance.
Here some stress relieving tips from the show:
- Move to another “state”. There are four different states to our existance. Spiritual, mental, emotional and physical. If you find yourself consumed by stress, literally move – become physical. Do not become paralyzed by stress. Once you become physical, your emotions and your mind will follow the actions.
- Cry. Everyone does. It’s a built in pressure release valve. Release the negativity through tears.
- Get in shape and stay there. The more out of shape you are, the more vulnerable to stress you become.
- Get personal in business. Don’t disguise your true self for business. Reveal your sense of humor. Share your personal experiences. Your clients will feel a sense of connection to you. It’s hard to be nasty or say no when a personal connection is formed.
- Start the day right. Visualize your day as you wish for it to unfold each morning when you rise. By connecting the mind, body and spirit every morning and achieving a state of calmness, you can easily bypass the stumbling blocks that cause stress throughout the day.
- Embrace the Law of Attraction. The universal Law of Attraction exists, just as the universal Law of Gravity exists. By focusing on what it is that you want, you expand your reality. Focused energy forces your wants to become your reality. See it, believe it – and then receive it.
Today’s Trend: In addition to the above points, please stay tuned at the end of the program to the Today’s Trend segment. The Today’s Trend for this episode is: Micro-Multinationals. Today’s Trend explores the trends towards conducting a company with a presence, staff and customers in multiple countries. Examples of these are American Express, Microsoft and Exxon Mobile. Today, business can be global from day one by taking advantage of a global presence on the Internet. Ebay is an example of the ability to become global from day one. The web knows no boundaries.
Recorded: February 27, 2007
Duration: 53.28 minutes
About Erik Luhrs, President of BOOM, Inc.
Erik Luhrs is the President of BOOM Inc. He is an Organizational Development Consultant, a Business Coach, the Author of several business guides, and a Professional Speaker who was recently featured at the Learning Annex.
Through many personal and professional successes and “learning experiences,” Erik discovered that success is based on an individual or groups internal settings—their Values, Vision, Mission & Priorities.
Until the person or group has consciously controlled these inner aspects, they will never achieve their desired results. When these aspects are defined and aligned, success is guaranteed.
For more on Erik Luhrs, visit Make Your Business BOOM – Business Operation & Optimization Method, Inc.