You wouldn’t think that a barcode would have a place within a law office or a small business with only a few employees, but barcodes are not just for manufacturing companies anymore. Barcodes can drive out cost and save labor in all types of businesses ranging from law offices, to clinics, to security companies and even for companies with only a few employees.
Grant Wickes, Vice President of Marketing, WASP Barcode Technologies, joins host Anita Campbell along with co-host, Brent Leary, to discuss automating your business and making it more profitable and scalable through the use of barcodes.
Because barcodes are NOT just for manufacturing companies anymore.
Below are the questions we asked Grant in this episode:
- (3:55) For our listeners who may not know, can you briefly describe – what IS a barcode and how does that technology work?
- (6:10) Most people associate barcodes with manufacturing and retail stores but these days, many other businesses are using them. Can you share a few of the types of businesses now using barcodes?
- (8:50) Since most businesses are struggling financially right now, isn’t it counter-intuitive to spend money on new technology?
- (10:40) What is your opinion about RFID technology when compared with barcodes, especially with regards to small business?
- (12:04) How large should a business be before they consider implementing barcode-based solutions?
- (16:57) Are you finding that many small businesses are still operating with “stone age” technology and that type of mindset? How easy is and affordable is it for them to get up and running with barcode technology?
- (19:17) Are there other kinds of applications that may help small businesses be more efficient with barcodes?
- (20:29) Does barcoding have any impact on sales and marketing?
- (21:31) How easy is this technology for people to use and what kind of reporting and insight can they expect to get from barcodes?
- (23:09) Basically you can combine the real-time information via mobile device and share the information to make quicker, more informed decisions?
- (24:07) What are some of the reasons that you think have kept small businesses reluctant to use barcodes?
- (25:19) Where do you think barcode technology will be in a year and what do you think it will enable small businesses to do?
- (26:37) Grant, where can people find out more?
Listen to Grant’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below.
Brought to you by our sponsor: