Karen Kerrigan, President of the SBE Council, an advocacy and research organization dedicated to promoting small business, joins Anita Campbell for an in-depth discussion on the legislative outlook for small business. Particularly, whether Congress and President Obama will move forward with policies that will help small businesses grow, create jobs and compete in this challenging economic environment.
Below are the questions we asked Karen:
- (2:08) First Karen, can you tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to lead an organization like the SBE Council?
- (6:26) Can you bring us up to date on where the healthcare bills stand right now and what the current situation is with them?
- (10:24) Is there anything that you’re hearing from small business owners that they need and what is the SBE Council’s position? Can you tell us, what are you advocating at the SBC Council?
- (17:27) Can you bring us up to date on what is going on with the stimulus package(s)?
- (23:22) What do small business owners need to be concerned about? What issues should they be telephoning their representatives about?
- (30:30) Is there anything out there that is positive on the legislative or regulatory front that can give small business owners a glimmer of hope?
- (33:44) Where can people learn more, Karen? Is there anything that you’d like to point out?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
- Listen to Karen’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below -