Small businesses are strapped for time and resources, and therefore may not realize how serious of a problem that information data leaks can be, or how they can handle this issue affordably. They are governed by the same federal and state regulations and business rules as large enterprises and violating these rules can damage reputation, cost business, and result in massive fines to small businesses.
Christian Renaud, CEO of Palisade Systems, joins Brent Leary to share important information on how small businesses can prevent data loss and keep confidential information confidential in order to stay compliant with the plethora of rules and laws that govern many organizations.
Below are the questions we asked Christian:
- (1:01) First Christian, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (1:32) If you had an opportunity to take an afternoon off, what would you be doing that afternoon?
- (2:19) Can you tell us a bit about Paisade Systems and what you do there?
- (3:04) Can you explain in a bit more detail about data loss and what goes into it and why it’s important to small business?
- (4:22) Is this something that small businesses have to be aware of?
- (5:56) Can you give some examples of things that put small businesses in jeopardy when it comes to compliance and data privacy?
- (7:52) Can you give us some examples of situations that could occur with data breaches that small businesses may not even realize are a problem?
- (9:50) If you had to take a guess as a whole, how safe is data being stored in corporate companies and organizations on a scale of 1 to 10?
- (10:54) So the smaller the organization, the less secure the data is?
- (13:51) Can you talk a bit about how your company and solutions help prevent these data losses?
- (17:40) How expensive or inexpensive is this solution? Is it something that small businesses can afford right now?
- (19:22) What kind of IT help or expertise does a small business have to have in order to be able to use this service effectively?
- (21:06) How are mobile devices impacting data security and data protection?
- (23:01) What are some “best security practices” for protecting sensitive data?
- (25:38) Where can people find out more?
Brought to you by our sponsor:
Listen to Christian’s full interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below