The final days of 2011 are approaching and with the end of the year comes thoughts of holiday gatherings and shopping trips. For a small business owner, however, it also should come with a list of ‘To-Do’s’ before 2012 hits.
Nellie Akalp, the CEO of CorpNet an online legal document filing service, shares some top items that should be on that list and steps you can take to cross them off the list and focus on other holiday festivities.
Below are the questions we asked Nellie:
- (2:46) Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background and how you came to be doing what you’re doing today?
- (6:36) You’ve been in the incorporation business online for over 10 years now, correct?
- (10:59) What is an annual report and do business owners have to file them? Can you give us a quick run down on that topic?
- (14:46) So you should check with your state and find out what the requirements are for your particular state?
- (16:03) What if you have closed a business in 2011? What do you need to know?
- (19:51) What if you made changes to a business in 2011? What do people need to know from a legal perspective?
- (24:05) What if you started a business this year? What do you need to know before the end of the year?
- (29:52) Where can people find out more?
* * * * *
Listen to Nellie’s interview now by clicking the red and yellow player below